RO system provides you with purified water. It removes 95%-99% salt from the water and offers fresh water that is very healthy for the human body. RO filter works efficiently with the help of its different parts.
The feed water valve is responsible for the water supply in the RO system. The pre-filter removes dust and big particles. Pre-filter #2 removes chlorine, and the Auto shut-off valve is accountable for stopping water flow to the tank it is about to fill; other parts are the membrane, rain valve, post filter, etc.
When the RO water filter purifies and sends water to the storage tank. The Auto shut-off valve stops the water in the tank if it is filled. Auto Shut off valve senses the water is going to fill in the tank, so it automatically turns off the water flow in the tank and prevents wastage of water.
It makes your RO system more efficient and easier to use. Sometimes you face the problem of your RO Auto shut off valve not working, resulting in water wastage. It also affects RO system performance because that leaked water will harm the RO system.
Reasons RO Auto shut off valve not working;
- Water may continuously flow to the drain line because of improper installation, not the Auto shut off valve. Make sure your RO system is properly installed. You can get professional help to install the RO system properly.
- RO shut off valve not working if it is broken. When you notice RO Auto shut off valve is not working. First, you must check if it broke. If yes, then you need to replace it with a new Auto shut off valve so that water will stop wastage.
- RO Auto shut off valve needs to be fixed or fixed; you need to check if it is not working.
You can check the functionality of auto shut off valve by using these different methods;
#1: Method to check auto shut off valve
- You can lower the pressure from the faucet; in this case, the RO system will start filling the storage tank.
- Close the tank valve.
- Give a few minutes to flow the water.
- Check the water flow in the drain line if it is stopped.
You can check this by removing the drain line or hearing water noise in the RO system. If the drain line’s water flow is stopped, it is working properly, but if the water flow doesn’t stop, it means the auto shut off valve is broken.
#2: Method to check auto shut off valve
- When your storage tank is refilling, keep the tank valve open.
- Now you need to turn off the feed valve.
- Check again if water is flowing to the drain line.
If water is flowing, the auto shut-off valve is broken and needs to be changed/replaced. Because, in this case, water is coming from the storage tank.
If water does not flow to the drain line, the auto shut-off valve functioning capability is defective, and the auto shut-off valve needs to be changed.
How to replace RO auto shut off valve.
When the auto shut-off valve is not working, it is either broken or not working properly. You must replace it with a new auto shut off valve to avoid water waste and noise. Here is a quick guide to replacing the auto shut off valve.
- Remove the RO water system unit to access the auto shut-off valve easily.
- Place the auto shut-off valve at the back of the RO system.
- You need to be careful about placing the auto shut-off valve correctly. Check how the valve was placed; remove the old one, and put in the new auto shut off valve.
- Now, all set; you need to connect the fitting and be careful while fitting the new auto shut-off valve. It must connect the same way the older auto shut-off valve was connected.
What is the reason for the water flow in the drain line?
A broken or defective auto shut off valve is the reason for water flow in the drain. But the sometimes improper installation of RO water filters may be the reason. You need to identify the exact cause and then solve it according to the method given in the article.
Has the Broken auto shut-off valve become a reason for the noise in the RO system?
Yes, the broken auto shut off valve is the reason for water wastage and noise in the RO system.
Also Read: Brita Filter not Sealing-Best Guide
The RO auto shut off valve not working is the reason for water wastage and noise in the RO system. So you must be careful, keep checking the auto shut-off valve, and replace it when needed. It is necessary to work all parts of the RO system to work perfectly to get purified water.
My name is Manan Bukhari and I am an expert in reviewing kitchen products for years. I have a passion for testing multiple gadgets especially related to home & kitchen. I love to spend my free time in resolving issues if I face some in any of my daily use things. I have fixed multiple gadgets of my home on my own without any assistance and that thing gave me confidence to make a blog on troubleshooting of items that are for daily use to assist you folks. Even my wife praises me for having such talent. I always explore new machines on my own because this thing fascinates me.